Well, before I get to the goodies, I thought I'd catch up and post Maggie Beth's 5 month pics in her new fabulous chair that we are thoroughly enjoying :) I am gonna have to get better at keeping up with these monthly pics, but better late than never...here's my cutie at 5 months (plus an extra day...or 4).

Maggie's new favorite past time: playing with her feet.

So onto the goodies!!! I decided this year to start consigning what I can as our attic is overflowing with clothes from 4 kids. Granted I can't get rid of it all as Noah is wearing Eli's hand-me-downs and Maggie B is wearing Ella Kate's, but I was able to get a start. I was hoping to make enough this time to offset the cost of school uniforms but maybe I'll just clear my purchases for the fall :) LOL. I got some great deals as I got to shop before the public. It was insane! I posted a picture on facebook of the line of women waiting to get in. I was in awe at the whole thing! There I was, standing in line, completely not prepared. Obviously, there's a way to do consignment shopping and I had been oblivious to it. Everyone had brought their own laundry basket and many of them had belts attached to them so they could drag them around. I have NEVER in my life seen so many clothes, toys, and baby gear under one roof!! I surely didn't need more baby gear or toys, so I stuck to the clothes: most of what I got was even new with tags. I've about decided I can get play clothes at Target or at the outlet malls (Carter's/Oshkosh, etc.) with a coupon pretty cheap, so I was primarily looking for church clothes/boutique clothes in good condition that I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for. I mean seriously, that type of clothing can break ya! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE to dress my kids that way! The good thing is 99.9999% of the time you can turn around and resell those for a great profit! So I see them as a great investment. I spent anywhere from $12-$38 for brand new smocked/boutique clothing. I really like to stay under $30 typically, but this first outfit was just so dang cute, it wouldn't let me leave without it:

How cute will Mags look in this? I can pair it with a sweater this winter and then she can wear it into spring as it's a 12 month outfit....and I have a tiny child.

I tried to stay away from seasonal stuff (Christmas/Thanksgiving) as you just can't wear it that long, but this smocked snowman dress will be good all winter! Somehow these brand new Castle and Crown shorts made it into the sale. Paid $9 for each of them! I can't make them myself that cheap!! I'll be able to applique a cute little tee for Maggie next summer to go with them.



I think my favorite thing on babies is a sweet little one piece or romper!

These were a steal-the Carter's purple floral 3 piece set was $4 and in GREAT condition. The sleeper on the right was $1.50.

Accessories! Love me some cute hats and these brand new black shoes were only $3! Maggie has the tiniest feet! These shoes are a size 2 and they are still big on her now. She'll wear them most all of winter I imagine.
Moving on to Ella Kate....

Brand new-Secret Wishes Polar Bear outfit

I got excited about this 2 piece set from Anavini: I'm SURE I can think up something cute to applique on the t shirt!

Simple red corduroy pants...brand new. I can applique a top for Christmas and have a complete outfit for less than $20!

Gap 6 slim jeans-THREE DOLLARS!!!

This is my FAVORITE purchase of the day-it's a ROTHSCHILD winter coat. These coats are on average $75-$100. I got this one for $25! It's in near perfect condition and will be great for Ella Kate to wear to church this winter. I groaned every Sunday last year when I put her pink down jacket on over her beautiful smocked dresses. It's just wrong.
So while I really lucked up in shopping for the girls, I didn't have much luck with the boys. Boys are HARD on their clothes apparently. Everything was horribly faded or I just knew I could spend a couple of extra bucks and get the same thing brand new. So all I got was this lone pair of wind pants for Noah:

They are from Baby Gap and in great shape! He tried them on this morning and loved how they "swooshed" when he walked :)
I got to be my sister-in-law Lauren's personal shopper while there. Her little man Nate (Maggie's cousin) is about a month younger than Maggie. These are a few things I picked up for him while there:



I have to say, it's fun spending other people's money :)
So, all in all, KidsTown was a huge success and I had tons of fun finding a few good deals. I came home and made a mental note next year to take my laundry basket (belt attached) no matter how silly I feel as my arms were screaming at me from the 2 1/2 hour workout they got. If you've got the time, head on over to the Agricenter. It's open to the public now through Saturday. You're sure to find some good deals! Consignor's make 70%. I'm looking forward to seeing my profit and getting things ready for the spring sale!
1 comment:
People don't mess around at those sales! Ha. Every time I go to one, I take my fold up laundry basket (flimsy kind) and push that thing around all over the place. I've seen people take a double stroller with them and have it so full that they can't see over it. I also bought Ava's crib and changing table from one of those sales and bought it out from underneath a girl who was looking at it. I felt bad about it but she took too long so I decided I wanted it. It's brutal! Ha. You got some great stuff. Good job! Next time, take your laundry basket, tennis shoes and game face. ;0)
Post a Comment