Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Green is Good

These days my kids look at me like I've lost my ever lovin' mind when I give them a green veggie. I think it must be a normal kid thing. I say this because all my kids scarfed anything until they were around 2 ish. Then it's like someone flipped a switch to make my veggie loving children veggie detesting children. However, there is one veggie that they will still eat without protest. What green veggie is this you ask? SPINACH!! Yeah, I know...go figure. But, they do and I'm grateful I've found something healthy they'll eat without taking 14 years off my life in one dinner sitting in my attempt to make them well rounded eaters.

My kids will pop these like they are candy:

Spinach Balls
10 oz. pkg. chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp+2tsp. margarine, melted
1/3 cup+2 tsp. bread crumbs
2Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. thyme leaves
1/4 tsp. rubbed sage
1/4 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
Combine first 4 ingredients, then add remaining ingredients. Shape into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Makes 16 balls.

Who knew green could be so good!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Thanks for the recipe! I made them using fresh spinach and they are great!