Yesterday we ventured out in the Memphis humidity to enjoy our zoo membership. We LOVE our zoo membership. It is money well spent every year! I will say that Memphis has a
terrific zoo! They are working on some new areas that will be opening soon, so the kids are really excited about that! We met up with some friends in the farm area and made it just in time to get to feed carrots to the donkey. Ella Kate was all over that!


...Eli lives in the Barn!

Ella Kate rode in the wagon with Max. They shared their goldfish. It was quite funny cause Max wanted more goldfish and kept signing "more" to Ella. She would divvy them out like one at a time which just wasn't fast enough for this growing boy!

My three silly monkeys

This is a new exhibit at the zoo that is open until Labor day and if you haven't stopped by you really should! You can go in the bird house and see them, but for $1 you get a stick with food clipped onto it and you can feed the birds! The birds are more than willing to sit a while and eat what you offer. It was so funny to me because at first, Ella Kate wouldn't have anything to do with it. She was scared to death. Go figure-she'll feed a donkey a carrot but she won't let a bird light on the end of a stick?!?!?! Well, she warmed up to the idea after watching Eli, and all the kids enjoyed watching the birds. Before we left, Ella said, "I think we really need a parrot for a pet...oh yeah and a puppy dog!"


She still held her stick out as far as her little arm would stretch! :)

Noah just looked
perturbed at the bird, until he discovered he could kick the stick and make the bird flap it's wings!
3 comments:
Wow...he looks just like his daddy in the pic of him feeding the bird.
Donkeys say "Hee-haw" :)
LOL Liz :) At first I was like...ok, so what a donkey says hee haw? LOL...I guess I need to work on my animal noises!!!! HA!
I just told Brian and he said, "has someone been playing with the see and say?"
Post a Comment