Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Trusting

I absolutely LOVE when I am woken up in the morning to Noah crying. Ok OK so it's not that part exactly that I love but it's what happens afterwards. He can be crying huge crocodile tears but as soon as he sees my face come into view over his crib, he IMMEDIATELY stops crying. BUT not only does he stop crying, he flashes me this big, gorgeous, amazingly contagious smile. As I smiled back at my baby, it hit me: he completely trusts me. He knows that if he cries, I will answer...and I have never let him down. I am always there to meet his need whatever that may be. Are you seeing where I'm going with this ? :) As I fed my little one this morning I realized that's how I am with my Father God. I cry out to him when my life's "hunger pains" hit knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am going to see his face come into view. He is going to answer when I call...he does...and he has never let me down. I pray I daily display a trust in my Father just like Noah displayed towards me this morning. Unconditional...complete trust in the one who loves me most. There's some deep thoughts for you early on a Saturday morning :)

On a lighter note, today marks the end of my maternity leave :( Tonight I will walk out of my home and back into the working world. I am excited and a little nervous as well as a little sad. I've so enjoyed being home full time with my family...there's nothing better, really. But, as I walk back through the doors of St. Jude, I walk through with purpose, really loving what I have been given the opportunity to do.

1 comment:

Ashley & Stephen Bauch said...

Hope your first night back at work went well. There are times that I miss that place so, so much.