It's Not Fair Unless You Share
Sharing is a big thing around this house with three children. Well...mainly it's the older two that are having to work on that. However, there are a few things that I REALLY DON'T MIND if they keep to themselves. They have every right to be selfishly possessive of colds, fevers, tummy bugs, and the such. Well, ignoring that tidbit...to keep from having a double standard in our house we share...apparently everything. First Eli started out with a cold...and ever so kind of him-he shared with Ella Kate. Had she not had her tubes replaced recently I have no doubt that we would be on some antibiotic of sorts fighting another infection as this is one nasty cold! Ella Kate being the loving girl that she is plagued me with germ infested kisses (duh! I am a nurse and know how these germs travel, right?) so I caught the "bug" and feel pretty bad with sinus crud and a sore throat. The worst part is...poor little Noah has become a participant in the sharing and has had two pretty bad nights. He is up every 2-4 hours crying and nursing much more. If he feels anything like I do, he feels really bad, and his anatomy is so tiny that I can't imagine what his throat feels like...and he can't blow his nose obviously so I am having to suck it out for him with those bulb suction thingies. You'd think I was KILLING him! He ran fever of 101.4 last night. He's still asleep right now (9:10 am) and yes...I've been going in constantly to make sure he's still breathing :) You'd think by the third one I'd be over that but no...you never quit worrying or being concerned about your children. I'm sure he'll need lots of TLC today and I am anxious to give it to him! The bigger kids are doing better. They still have a cough but are playing and being crazy like normal.
Starting tonight, Brian and I are going to the "Weekend To Remember" marriage conference. Mom is keeping the kids...thanks mom. A word of advice: don't let them share with you! Bulk up on Vitamin C, airborne and the such...and wear a mask :) I know how you always tend to catch things from my kids. I guess this too shall pass....
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
Hey Girl,
Got that bib at BabiesRus! We love it...it is Dr. Seuss! I know you are sad to come back to work...but it will be fun working with you again!
Post a Comment