Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"The Three Bite Rule"

At our house, we have a three bite rule. You might say you don't want it, you might say you don't like it, but you have to try it and you have to try it three times to really decide if you like it or not. I have vivid memories of literally throwing up at the table over green beans :) I know children's palates aren't like those of adults so I try not to press it. If it literally makes my child gag, then fine...you are relinquished of your three bite duty. But so far they haven't figured that out and so there is no "fake gagging" happening as of yet-ha ha. They do pretty well with the three bite rule and occasionally, Eli might even admit that he really does like something :) Tonight for dinner, we had lasagna roll ups, corn on the cob, and salad. The corn on the cob was the unfamiliar item of the night. Ella Kate took to it right away and had fun. she also had three helpings of salad!!! I must say that having a good eater who doesn't make dinner time a battle is refreshing!!! Check her out digging in...

Eli...now that's a different story. You can tell by his expression that he wasn't too keen on the idea of eating this new food. It was big, yellow, a vegetable, and looked complicated...he is definitely not my adventurous child...likes to cling to the side of cautious even.
He managed to take three bites and then did much better once I cut it off the cob for him.

Now, we are upstairs cleaning up the playroom before bedtime. Well, I am blogging, they are cleaning...somewhat...well, not really...I better go so I can "motivate" them :)

No comments: