Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

AND IT CAME TO PASS...

So today has definitely been one of those days. If you aren't sure what kind of person you are deep down on the inside, have children. They have this special way of bringing to the surface your darkest side :) I love my children beyond measure, but there are days like today where I just don't know how I am going to make it until lunch, let alone, bedtime. I know alot of it is winter. It's too cold to stay outside. They get bored so easily inside. If only God had created only 2 seasons...spring and summer :)

Today, I saw my dark side revealed :) I found myself with a very short fuse, taking out my anger on my little ones...losing my temper, disciplining in anger instead of love...you know...all things that all parents do every now and then. Even though I know it is going to happen every now and then (we are all human of course), I am reminded that I can't remain there. I have to strive to do better, to ask for forgiveness, and to keep on at this "parenting thing" that my Father has entrusted to me. There are days that seem unbearable. A friend of mine recently said that I was "brave" for going for number 3. I told her I wasn't so sure about that...STUPID...seemed like the much more realistic term. :) Today was not a good day for me. But tonight God has reminded me of a verse that gives me exactly what I need to put it all behind me and keep going: Galatians 6:9-So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. I am so thankful that I get second chances. That I get to keep going. That tomorrow is a fresh new day with endless possibilites. That if I don't give up (or for today, die from childrearing-ha) there will be a harvest and I will get the benefit of reaping it...of seeing God's promises unveiled in and through my children.

I am reminded that this is such a short time in the whole scheme of things. My children are precious...trying...but so very precious. There will be a day that my little girl doesn't crawl in my lap and sing me songs, or when my son asks me to get in bed and snuggle with him before he goes to sleep...fleeting...it will ALL pass away-the good and the bad.

I came across this youtube video-it hits the nail on the head! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-nwWEpHdQ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Grandaddy used to say that this was his favorite verse?!

Candice Duffy said...

I had no idea!!! How funny.

Morgan said...

What a wonderful reminder! Hope you have a much better day tomorrow. :)

Paula said...

I can remember claiming that very verse when I had two little children who were driving me crazy, and I wondered if they would grow up to be ax murderers because of me. But guess what? They turned out to love God, trust Him, and turn to Him in their times of trouble...in spite of me. How faithful is our God! I am so grateful to God that you are trusting Him and know He will be faithful to you too!

Hilary said...

I've had those days. The ones where I use time-out as a way not to spank out of anger and then Malcolm's in time-out at least once an hour. Thanks for this post. It reminds me that I'm not the only mother who struggles.