Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 10, 2006

"BE READY"

Every once in a while I am blown away by the mind of my "just turned 3 year old". The questions he is beginning to ask seem far beyond his years. Today on the way to take Brian to work Eli was telling us his bible verse from church Sunday. "Do not tremble or be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you." He did motions and everything. I must say that I am very impressed with the group of teachers in his class because they must be wonderful. My 3 year old is remembering major things!!!! Not long after that, he flat out asked us, "Is Jesus pretend?" Brian answered him and then Eli said. "But I can't see Jesus." WOW!!!! He is just diving right in there isn't he? I never dreamed we would be explaining in depth (and praying he understood) to my 3 year old (have I mentioned he's ONLY 3!!!) about the omniscience of God and how He is who He says He is. All that tied in with why we should believe and what He has done for us. A lot for a 3 year old to handle let alone process! It reminded me of that verse about being ready in all seasons to give a testimony. I guess our season is upon us...it's scary and exciting all at the same time. He knows more than I think and is watching us...our words and actions...do they line up with what he is being taught? I sure hope so! Thank you Lord for using my son to open my eyes to the desperate need to live a life wholly committed to christlikeness!

No comments: