Look at how fast we are growing!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

SpOoKtAcULaR Family Fun!

For Real?!!? I'm blogging?!?! YES YES YES!!! I know it's been a LONG while, but you know how life can be.....BUSY!! But, here I am and maybe (that's a BIG maybe) it won't be so long til I do it again :) Fall is definitely here and we've been doing some super fun things!

We had a 2 day fall break. While most people enjoyed a nice week long time off, we crammed all our fun into 2 days. The first thing we did was some painting...with our feet!!


If you haven't heard of Pinterest, you've been hiding under a rock :) But in all seriousness, the website is GENIUS...and addicting! You can find all kinds of wonderful ideas you can "pin" to your board. When you find some spare time, go back to your board and pick something fun to duplicate! You can even pin your own creative ideas for others to see and give a try. Who knew people were SO creative and crafty!! That's where I found all these fun things we did.

This Thankful Tree is a wonderful way for me to actively work on instilling a heart of gratitude into my children. It's so easy to get caught up in the hecticness of the holiday season. This is a way for us to DAILY remind ourselves to be thankful: to recognize all God has blessed us with. Each day, we trace their handprints and they decide on one thing they are thankful for. They write it on their handprint "leaf" and then go attach it to the tree. Every morning thay wake up excited about what they are going to put on the tree that day! This is our tree after several days:


We still have an entire month until Thanksgiving so I'm thinking this wall of my dining room is gonna be one BEAUTIFUL sight! SO many things to be thankful for!


Ella Kate wanted to do something for her class at school so we made these cute little treats:


PINTEREST, PEOPLE!!!! This is smores in a bag. You put graham crackers, ghost peeps, and snack sized hershey bars in a treat bag, tie it up and there you have one unique little happy!




That's it for our Spooktacular Family Fun, but I thought I should mention that my last post was about me breaking my wrist. Turns out my fairy tale didn't have the immediate happy ending I had hoped for. I ended up having surgery because my bones wouldn't stay put long enough to heal properly and with full function on their own. July 1st I had a plate and seven (I think?) screws put in my wrist. I get to keep them forever :) FUN TIMES!! It was crazy around here for a while, but my wonderful husband and mom were incredibly patient. They cooked, cleaned, changed poopy diapers, and brought me my pain meds just to name a few things :) It was a process, but eventually I progressed from a cast to a hard brace to a soft brace to perfectly whole again! Oh it's wonderful being fully functional! I was completely cast and restriction free before we got to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in September in HAWAII!! Yeah....I'm WAY behind on blogging!! Oh well....


Another thing I have picked up since breaking my wrist is running. I NEVER in a million years would have thought I'd be telling you "I'm a runner", but here I am screaming it from the mountain tops (or my cushy recliner...whatever) I AM A RUNNER!!!! I thoroughly and completely enjoy it-so much so that I ran my first 5K yesterday with one of my closest friends, Stephanie.


Here we are at the finish line. She finished in 31.40 and I finished in 33.35! Not bad! It was crazy how many people were there for the Race for the Cure 5K! Looking forward to keeping this up!


Tomorrow is Halloween. Hope you have your costumes ready! I know my little ones are ready to stock up on candy :) Have fun and hopefully I'll be posting again soon !!


1 comment:

leemeandthegirls said...

YAY! I've missed you and your precious posts! :)