Jesus "Back-sized" in the Pirate Ship
Funny title you say? Well, this is Eli's newest "tale." Sunday night before I went back to work, Eli told me all about the lesson he learned at church that day. It is really amazing to see just how much my little man is retaining and what large things he is capable of comprehending. Sunday night before I went back to work Eli shared with me the Bible story he had learned that day: Jesus was "backsized"(baptized) by John, the heavens opened up and a dove came and rested on Jesus' shoulder and a voice from heaven said....'what did it say daddy?'...Oh yeah...this is my son in whom I am well pleased." Pretty good I might say. Then came the picture he had drawn of the story. I asked him to explain it to me and he said this is Jesus in a pirate ship getting backsized." I couldn't help but laugh-seems my little boy's imagination and love for pirate ships somehow found it's way into the Bible lesson that day :) He is really not my little baby anymore. He is coming home from school and church reciting Bible verses and singing songs (hand motions included) perfectly. I'm going to have to record him singing his newest song and post it. I absolutely love the simple heart of a child.
We are starting down that road of a school aged child and the decisions that go along with a child that age. I never imagined I would struggle so with this decision. Public vs. Private? Memphis public schools are awful...and I mean awful. There are a handful of really good county schools (some of which would require obtaining a transfer which may or may not be difficult-I have absolutely no idea how that process works) and then there is the option of private schools. But with private schools come a REALLY BIG price tag. Brian and I are afraid of starting something we can't finish. We have always desired a large family. Do we sacrifice that so we can afford private school? Can our child still get the best and be prepared for college and the real world by going to a good public school? There's financial aid out there to help families put their children through private school, so that's also an option. Brian and I both bring to the table differing educations. I attended private school k-12. He attended private k-1st or 2nd and then spent the majority of his school years in public school. We both have turned out ok. I'm sure the child's motivation plays a huge role as well as the involvement of the parents in their child's education. Still, it's alot to ponder. You wonder if you are going to make the right decision; the decision that is best for your child. Mom reminded me that God cares about this decision too and that I should lay this concern at the feet of my Lord just as I do the seemingly more major things in my life. So, it begins...Eli will not start Kindergarten until fall of 2009 because of his late birthday so we've got some time, but most places begin the entrance process a full year in advance, so that gives us until this next fall 2008 to make a decision...right about the time we'll be having a baby :) Ella Kate will follow the year after. It's so hard to believe that they are growing up so fast. Where did the time go?
I haven't been posting much lately. Seems I've been alot more tired and sick this go around than with my previous pregnancies. If you notice, it's 4 am and I'm blogging. Problem is, my exaustion seems to set in during the day. So, I succumb to it and sleep usually when the kids go down for naptime. I feel so much better after my 2-3 hour naps, but then I am left waking up around 3am or so tossing and turning unable to sleep. Bummer! So, you are getting some of the "benefits" of my insomnia. I am really hoping once I get past this first trimester things will go back to normal...not too much longer.
Well, I guess I'll go see if I can sleep a bit more before the day begins.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago







1 comment:
My older sister and her husband have had to make the same decision. They live just outside Oxford. They chose a private school but have only two children and expect it to remain that way. One other thing to consider is that by the time all your children are in school you could possibly work more hours if you wanted an add to the income. Good luck with the decision. If God has laid on your heart to have a large family He will take care of the details. My parents wanted 4-5 years between their children so they wouldn't have to pay for more than one child in college at a time. God had other plans when their second child turned out to be #2 and #3 at once. Eighteen years later we both had full scholarships to college so their worrying was for nothing.
Post a Comment